Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Thursday 27 January 2011

Never forget him......

When Alfie died my nana, who is 89 came to see me. She had lost her 1st baby also a boy 64 years previously. She said 'you'll never forget him'. I remember thinking of course I'm not gonna forget him - I can't breathe without thinking about him, replaying everything in my mind a million times a day........ It is only 3 years later that I understand the enormity of what she was saying. I can honestly say that in 3 years and more not a single day has passed without me thinking about him - obviously I've no cried everyday, but at least once or not more he is in my thoughts - it's become normal now - I'm Clare who had a son that died.

No comments:

Post a Comment