Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 6 February 2011

mixed emotions

Today I'm feeling torn, Sadie has been upstairs in bed for the last 4 nights from 7pm. Normally she is down with us, however at 7 months I know she needs to be getting a routine (gasp). We are also trying to wean her off night feeds, at present she feeds every 3 hrs day and night, so i'm totally exhausted. I need her to start droppign some night time feeding, so I have moved her into her sidecar cot (which in truth is essentially an extension of our bed) - but I really miss her......She is doign really well and feeding more during day as she should be. I know it'll help my general mood to get more sleep, I won't be gagging to get back to bed on weekends and we might actually get to do stuff. It's another step from her no longer being my wee baby, another step towards independence, which of course I definitley want her to be - but sad nevertheless - especially with Pugs trip to Brechin looming. It is lovely to have our evenings back though, I even got to do some knitting and watched TV! I'm reading the Sue Plamer book 'toxic childhood' and finding it very interesting, it is really affecting my parenting in a positive way. I'm hoping to read 'They were Still born' soon on Jeanette's recommendation and 'Raising our children raising ourselves'. If anyone has read either let me know what you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment