Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Tuesday 10 January 2012

10-365 little happy corners

I have little corners of  pleasure in my house, places I really like - where everything just fits right and I love the way it looks, without pre-planning or thought. I got these great vintage postcards from my dad, who got them from his dad (an avid stasher!). I have loads of them, however we chose these 6 for colour and significance. The bottom left is from a visit to croydon when we were really little kids to stay with my folks close friends, the bottom right is Oban where Pug, mum, dad and I had 2 wee holidays, Archie had his 1st swim there and he felt his first snow there. The Carmel one and the one above, which is LA fruit market are representing our CA connection and the final two have great messages on the back.
The hearts - I love, the bottom one was my 40th birthday card from my beautiful neice Peggy age 2 and 3 mos - that girl loves to paint. The one above Archie made for me at Tuesday club, it is made from all the remnants of the kids clothes I've made over the last year. This space is in the corner of our kitchen, it pleases me and makes me smile every day.



Added happiness today was the 1st of our knitting club lunchtimes in school, a few lovely girls turned up and 2 members of staff - spreading the yarn love to future generations HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment