Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Wednesday 18 January 2012

18-365 flowers to bring happiness in the dark winter

The lovely Hazel brought me this to knitting tonight for a loan - it is so cheery and bright, of course I want all of them. My favourite - for now, are the cherries, however there a few more I might tackle. I think they will make lovely brooches, or hair clips, or an embellishment for a mini haha spring hat (actually her current record for keeping a hat on is apprx 10-15 seconds, so a pointless exercise knit).

Lots of reasons to be happy today - well two more to be precise,

Archie survived his first day in the woods - I was so anxious last night I had a really bad sleep. I was concerned about how he would cope away from us for so long, out in the woods. Strange how anxiety manifests itself in weirdness, I was all concerned about him not being able to open his own lunch - weird because he never eats anything anyways! but I also thought OMG what a rubbish mum, I haven't even made sure he can open his lunch. At 7am we were up and I made him show me how he could open all his wee snack boxes, juice bottle and hot choc flask, it made me feel better knowing he could do it and fend for himself, I want him to be independent. I was also worried people wouldn't like him and not treat him in the kind and gentle way I do........I know he can be a handful - but he is a gentle soul, would they recognise that? At 4pm we were waiting in the car for him, no phone call so hoping for the best, YAI!!! he did it, He was a big success and coped very well for a 1st day. He collected sticks 1st thing this morning, so they built him a fire, he played on the swing, sat down for lunch for 25mins and apparently had a lot of fun. Poor lamb was exhausted - no wonder, he never ate much lunch, duh after all my worries. He looked adorable trudging down the hill, his back pack on, filthy face and stinking of a camp fire, when we got home he pulled a pine needle from his hair. Happy happy days, my wee man is an adventurer.

I did my 1st ever work out. I am desperate to get fit this year and as I can't swim due to money and time constraints I thought running or free workouts were the only route. I went to the gym at lunchtime and used a spin bike, did some arm lift thingies with weights and some jumping squats, which were friggin agony - but although the world was spinning and I felt as thought I'd been on some hardcore amphetamine it was awesome! So that is it, I've started now, no more excuses. I'm going for a run/walk actually probably a bit ambitious there, it'll be a walk/run tomorrow, wish me luck XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment