Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Monday 23 January 2012

23-365 tears of happiness

I was planning on writing a post tonight about my amazing friends at Sands as we had a meeting tonight. However, after the meeting blethering in the cold instead of going home....mum said oh when did you lose Alfie's hair (for those of you who don't know I had a beautiful bracelet made when Alfie died, it had a teeny piece of his hair sandwiched between glass in a charm - among others), I told her I lost it on his 4th anniversary just past - She took it out her purse, Sadie had found it on the floor of the church last Sunday. I couldn't believe it, what 8 weeks or more later and she just happened to be crawling around in the same spot I was standing during his mass. Tears of joy and happiness flowed, I thought it was gone forever and had resigned myself to never seeing it again.  It was lovely to hold it again. On reflection, I was happy to see it is obviously a sign of how far I've come - I remember sending his hair off to New York for them to make it, crying in the post office terrified it would get lost in the mail, 4 years later i lose it and although I was sad - it was somehow almost fitting that I lost it on his anniversary and was just another part of him slipping away.......now its back and safe in a drawer, I may well get it remade for his anniversary this year.
Still can't get over that fact that Sadie found it, weird huh?


2 comments:

  1. I know you couldn't make it up eh! x working on wee birdie today, started him last night.

    ReplyDelete