Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Friday 27 January 2012

28-365 super power happiness

 I love feeding Haha, we are at 19 months and still feeding twice a day - more if she is needing it. She can manage fine if I'm not around  however she will have an afternoon feed if  we are together. After coming home from a support meeting tonight I heard her crying for me, how beautiful to pick up a teary sleepy eyed wee sweetie and have a cosy feed in bed. She is soothed instantly and so am I. After losing Alfie I was grateful to simply have a live child, of course I wanted to breastfeed but I'd learnt the hard way life doesn't always go to plan, therefore i would be happy to have a live baby and if I could feed it would be a bonus. Luckily my 2 took to it straight away with ease, I read tons of books during Archie's night feeds and Sadie and I slept through most of hers....she was a pro. I do realise however, how blessed we are to be able to have done this together and with such ease, bar one hideous bout of mastitis it has been lovely. I know its not for everyone, however if I am to be honest I do feel a tinge of sadness when I see a new wee one with a bottle - I don't judge as I am aware of the difficulties some mums and babes face, it just looks so alien to me.
Hell yeah - I'm gonna celebrate it, making milk is a superpower!
The happiness I feel when feeding Haha is something I will remember for the rest of my life. I sat on the floor this afternoon with her latched on, sun pouring through the window on us, a moment of mutual bliss captured in time.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Clare. So precious. I dream of this.... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shed a tear at your beautiful post Clar. its something that rings so close to my heart (as you know) The way you describe that mutual blissful moment, takes me back to every one of those moments I ahve ahd with the boys and makes my heart swell with love. There is absolutely no other feeling that can compare to sitting feeding your baby in blissful silence, seeing them looking up at you and feeling the huge emotional wave. I have been breastfeeding for 4 years collectively and even after all of that time, I am not looking forward to the day I dont have a little bit of feeding bliss in my day, no matter how stressful it is. Well done hun, you've done so well and although I am also aware of the hardship mums go through to breastfeedm if your lucky enough to get past it and carry on, its the most rewarding thing you can do. enjoy every second :) xxx

    ReplyDelete