Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Tuesday 31 January 2012

31-365 apple por moi happy happy

Today I'm giving myself an apple - lets face it none of the kids in my school are going to! Today, however I did get a compliment from more than one of my kids. I had one of those teaching days where everything seemed to work - the kids focused, I was calm and dealt with all the problems with humour, I praised even the slightest positive - I even managed to get all my paperwork done (well the pile that is most important, I still have a few more piles to go). In my last lesson today I read the 1st years the story of the giving tree by Shel Silverstein, it is such an awesome book and perfect stimulus for P4C lessons - I've used it a number of times with great success. The response today was so lovely, I gave the kids the option to either write a paragraph explaining what they learnt from the story or draw me a picture of what went on in their brains when we discussed it. I have copied a number of them to go on the wall - I was so proud of their work, I love when it all comes together and that the kids love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment