Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Monday 16 January 2012

Alfie wobbles

I am never sure whether I am overly sensitive regarding babyloss, which to be honest would be fair enough given our situation. However, I do try in the public arena to play it low key and refrain from harping on and relating everything back to Alfie. To be honest I feel the need to do this less and less as time goes on, possibly because time does fade the acuteness of the pain and also because I am aware that the people who really matter will never forget him.
I did however last night post on FB about a  a tv show, I rarely do this type of thing but I was so pissed off by the way babyloss was portrayed, I know it is based on an actual MW's memoir and is acccurate representation (as accurate as BBC sunday softie drama can be) but its underlying message seemed really harsh, moralastic and judgemental to me.


I worry I read too much into things and then get all stroppy - it is hard not to though. I wasn't upset by it, more offended of the implication that love is all that is required to sustain a babies life. I can only imagine how hellish it would have made me feel 4 years ago, and my heart went out to mums and dads who have recently lost.

I know it is only shitty chewing gum for the brain sunday telly, but somewhere I feel auntie beeb has a responsibilty to stop perpetrating the myth that 'bad' people lose babies and good health loving people don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment