Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 5 February 2012

36-365 choc chip cookie happiness

Santa brought Archie a wee jar of homemade cookie mix - all we had to do was add an egg and butter.Sadie was having her morning nap and me and my wee helper made lentil tomato and chilli soup plus our batch of Santa cookies. Archie did really well this time - he actually cracked the egg into the bowl himself without getting any shell in, something I struggle to do. I love doing the baking with him - such a great learning experience, we talk about weights of things, textures, time for baking we 'read' the recipe. I think the teacher in me thinks ooh this is curriculum for excellence active learning, actually I think this is what I Love doing with my wee man who loves to help and bonus he learns so much from it. He loves eating the cookies best of all.


Having had so much fun baking, Archie was happy to play on the kitchen table with trucks while I sewed - amazing, normally I would never attempt the machine while he was awake as his natural curiosity mean he has to work it out, see how it works, try and 'fix' it. It was blissful we were both so happy 'playing' together. I managed to almost finished Haha's wee outfit, just buttons to sew on - she saw and said 'pretties' mummy and wanted to put it on.
Much cuter on - doesn't photograph well 
the beginnings of valentines for our wee hoose

No comments:

Post a Comment