Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Thursday 8 March 2012

68-366 Happy to have so many fantastic woman in my life

Thanks to all of them, the ones I see every day who I can't imagine life without, the ones I see weekly who are always there when I need them through laughter and tears. To the ones I don't see enough of - you are always in my thoughts.

I wouldn't say I was particularly feminist in my views, however since I started teaching and have had a small woman of my own I am becoming more aware of the inequalities in my immediate community.....maybe not so much in the work place (although my work is male dominated at the top) but in attitudes in general. I am considering doing Gender studies next year with my Higher kids, I genuinely thought it was a little dated and unnecessary - however sadly I think it is the opposite. I don't want Sadie or Archie to grow up in a world where little girls have scooters with makeup in them - what just in case she runs out of lippy whilst at the play park!!! Or where Archie is expected to be tough and not cry, I love that he is such a caring and kind wee man, certainly not traits I want to drum out of him.

Phew rant over, I just want to be happily thankful to all my amazing woman friends and family
Love youse xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment