Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 18 March 2012

78- 366 happy mothers day

 My mini palaeontologist, digging for dinosaur bones with daddy. We had an awesome time at Sensations museum in Dundee. Archie loved it, he had free reign to run and touch and see and explore and ask 'Why' what, Oh only 100 times.
 Grandmama's flower made with the kids foot prints - Momo got one too, I think they look pretty cute. I also made them lovely cards from button, but I forgot to take a photo and Grandmama got a wee handsewn babushka keyring.
 A poor attempt at a photo of us on mum's day - Dad or Momo will hopefully have better in their cameras.
Haha's latest frock, I'm well chuffed it is my 1st attempt at sewing with knit fabric - yikes, not easy hence the frilly sleeve and hem. I bought this fabric in San Francisco almost 3 years ago to make a dress for myself and clearly never bothered. Bonus Haha gets a frock that matches her new cardi from Grandmama. I adapted the Audrey dress, making short sleeves instead of the fancy gathered ones, i think it suits the knit fabric better.

What an awesome day, I woke up to treats and a beautiful card from the kids - new running trousers, which I tried out in my 1st ever early morning run - 3 1/2K followed by a costa cuppa. Then trip to Dundee and an eve sewing. Off to bed with my caramel peanut biscuit, knitting, tea and 'those who kill' on itv player - Bliss.
I am such a lucky mum, I know after losing Alfie just how special and precious my babies are - another gift from Alfie, thanks son.....always in my heart wee man, every day. I am so grateful that Alfie's death has been a positive impact  on my life, it could so easily have been a life filled with hate, pain and bitterness - I am thankful to all my family and  the babyloss mums who support me and help me to honor his memory in a happy way 
 XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment