Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Saturday 24 March 2012

82-366 happy to have such generous friends

A few weeks ago I got a bag of wool from a friends mum. It was lovely colours but not the right weight for us, it was also really hard.
I took it to knitting club the next week and offered it to anyone who could use it. Hazel the wool junkie snapped it up, although she did say she'd have to try and sneak it past her husband as he might go mad about her ever increasing stash. 
The next week, wed night I walked into knitting and she asked if I wanted the wool back - I said no, why would I? Then she pulled a beautiful rippled blanket out of her bag and a lovely scarf. The blanket it my fave, Hazel knows about my love of ripple stitch and my plans for this year - my yearly plan is Hazel's monthly one, she is one fast hooker! 
The kids love the blankie, it is the perfect shade for our living room and goes beautifully with the orange curtains. I will post a photo soon.
Xx
Big thanks to both Hazel and Viv, 2 beautiful generous ladies, I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment