Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Thursday 19 April 2012

110 - photos bring smiles

Today I took some photos of the wee ones in to my dad, I wasn't sure if it was too early but I thought no harm just taking them in.
As I showed them to him he smiled, I am really hoping he recognises the wee ones....I think he did.

We are also really pleased as he is getting some pureed food, although not enough to sustain him so a NG tube is going to be needed.

At eve visiting I took in his ipod (mum had a long chat with the stroke liaison nurse yesterday, she said music was a good idea), we put on Eddi Reader, he sort of moved his head from side to side - so a good response.
Then later my brother and sister in law were in with him and he tried to take out the headphones so he could hear them, and didn't manage so he then tried to pull the jack out the ipod - hoping these are good signs of positive cognitive recognition.
Finally, he looked at Antony's photos, reached up with his good hand to get them and then turned them over to look at the back.

So quite positive developments, still very early days. I'm frightened to get too excited yet, but how lovely it is to see him with his lovely blue eyes open.......

No comments:

Post a Comment