Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Saturday 21 April 2012

113 - standing tall = happy

Dad was caught standing up today, thank goodness the nurse was in the bay at the time! It is a great sign, however worrying as he may fall - he is trying to make a bid for freedom.

His facial gestures seem to be improving, he also made a sound tonight when he and mum hugged. Tonight's visit was lovely, really relaxed - except my mum who obviously can't sit still. She has been told to bring her knitting from now on.......that's how they spent most eve anyways, her doing the talking and knitting and him sitting peacefully.

I made a cake tonight and took it on for the nurses and mum bought them nice coffee - a wee thanks for this week, they were really touched - i hope it goes some way to helping build our relationships with them, they spend more time caring for dad than we do, i want them to know we appreciate all that.

My heart is going out to my mum tonight - it'll be a week the morn since dad had the stroke, I know I'm really aware of that so goodness knows how she'll be. Running through last sat night in her head a million times if she is anything like me. I am so aware when my mum says 'yer dad was just saying last week......' that she will soon run out of them, how sad.

Still struggling to get my head around the fact he is not himself, he was so vibrant so filled with life - he really knew how to enjoy life, as illustrated above on holiday with Pegster in San Francisco. Happy days Dad xxxx
Shite I miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment