Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 29 April 2012

119- Look no hands - more tears of joy

WOW - my dad walked along the corridor with us tonight, we must look such a circus - the staff are probably gagging for him/us to leave. 2 per bed results in 8 of us following him up and down the corridor. He was grinning at my nephews as one of the said like "check me out walking"!
It does, however remind me of Archie when he was wee - walking by 10months with ZERO danger awareness, body maturing long before cognition.

Dad did look so excited to see his pal Bill the night, Rovers won and are staying up so they were both chuffed. My dad tried to shake Bill's hand with his bad hand - he can move it pretty far now.
Today Dad was by far the most alert he has been, he doesn't react much to us though - I think he is bored with us and wants out of hospital - apparently he tried to get ready to leave with my mum tonight - no long noo Dad, hang in there and you'll be at the park watching the bairns - xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment