Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Monday 30 April 2012

121- no more venflon Yipee

Dad has been taken of all IV meds and fluids - this means his good hand is now free to use and he is free to wlak about - not so good!
He spent the majority of the day walking - it is killing the nurses, tonight when we left he followed us to the door and pretty much refused to go back in - poor guy, he is still a little confused. He does however still have a wicked sense of humour.
He continually takes the piss out of my mum by making faces behind her back if she is 'nagging' him. However, biggest deal so far and I bloody missed it - he talked. Antony and mum were walking with him when a guy in a side room started shouting (he does every night) 'extra blanket' - after 20 times, my dad mimicked him and apparently even said it in the same tone and then he laughed a real belly laugh.

He also says aye, bye and right. So we are seeing some glimmer of hope.

It is so difficult to remain optimistic, we getting conflicting advice and I never know who to listen to. SALT said today dad was uncooperative, and that usually physical and neural progress happens simultaneously, clearly not the case in my dad, which then leads me to worry that he might never get his cognition back, this terrifies me to be honest. I am so superstitious I feel as if I even think it it might come true - duh, how irrational I am. Same when Alfie died, terrified to think a negative thought in case something negative happened - like my mind can control the world, as if! For one Alfie would be alive and my dad wouldn't be in hospital, confused and miserable and for 2 I would be minted and living in a mortgage free beautiful house with my family all happy, proof enough that my mind/thoughts have no influence on pops recovery.......


Today was a really tearful day, Archie spent most of it saying he missed Granda and he was worried because Granda missed Grandma - that and how did Granda get his ouwy head?

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment