Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Sunday 6 May 2012

126-7 limited progress - tiny steps

I didn't blog last night as I stayed with my mum to keep her company. We actually had a lovely eve, after visiting with Dad we went back to theirs and hung out, ate choc, drank wine, knitted, crocheted and watched 2 episodes of the bridge - happy days........only thing mussing my Dad in the corner saying nowt but bringing us our drinks and snacks.

Dad's progress is slowing down (as is to be expected), he is managing a few wee things and the more time we spend with him the more wee things we notice. Today he managed to cross his arms in front of him. I was standing chatting to him and mum and a guy wanted past with a piece of machinery, my dad signalled to me to get out of the way - big deal really that he has that level of awareness. He laughed out loud at his male nurse commenting on a bogie and he is giving mum loads of cuddles and kisses.

On the downside he is still very confused, he just wants to leave - we spent the eve wandering the corridors and trying to keep him away from exits - we now have to hide bags, coats etc as if he sees them he thinks it is time to go home. My mum is just awesome, her love for my dad is amazing - he is such a challenge, he is so pissed off and frustrated yet she continues to smile, kiss him, encourage him etc - all these years of love coupled with her years as a primary teacher means she has infinite patience and compassion - what a woman. She is smiling in the face of it all - we keep cuddling dad and telling him he is getting better and that we can fight it, we are all in it together etc

Bring on Cameron so that poor guy can get some decent rehab and a bit of fresh air......

My emotions have settled again, I feel a little less manic and the sadness has dissipated for now - I know these things come in waves, so I am hunkering down recharging and waiting for the next hurdle.
Thanks again to all for the loving thoughts - so much easier knowing people have got our back.
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment