Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Friday 11 May 2012

132 - peaceful eve

I missed visiting with dad this afternoon, 2 kids + pouring rain is not a good combo.
I find myself spending more time trying to look after wee ones than spending time with dad, it is lovely however to leave them for a wee while with mum and dad and watch through the window - I can almost pretend things are normal ( I know its wrong and not helping me accept our situation, but it is lovely to escape back for a moment or two).

Tonight it was just me, mum and dad - very chilled. Mum showed dad all the recent photos on my phone, after a few he reached forward and swiped the screen to get the next photo - a good sign, he can learn new things. I knitted, we went for a wee wander - lovely and mellow, much like an eve at theirs.

Dad is trying to talk - it is so distressing to watch, he is struggling to find language and then he gives up. I am hoping this is a good sign, that he is at least trying to communicate.

Good news is he is now on normal fluids with supervision - finally a cup of tea and I am going to take him a Costa's flat white on Sunday. Simple pleasures, xxxxx


Granda's photos of the day.
Sadie in mummy's creepers - what I woke to at the side of the bed this am

And Archie in my sandals

sleepy morning girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment