Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Friday 18 May 2012

138 + 9 memories

Pug, the kids and I stayed at the flat in Edinburgh last night - with my Dad in Cameron and mum being there all day we needed sort out the flat for folks coming next week.

It was odd being in the flat with the wee ones, they were excellent - couldn't believe how easy they went to sleep and were settled all night. Our lovely pals Sam and Viv came for dinner with wee Harris, how strange for us all - like old times minus the booze and with our own kids!!! We still had a lot of fun and the kids loved it. Pug and I had a nice eve watching ER box set courtesy of the awesome Sinead.

I was overwhelmed occasionally with sadness, wondering if my dad will ever go back to the flat in the same way as before. I remembered all the times we had all hung out there, how him and I spent times decorating together. He used to go through on his own to get the flat ready for folk coming......now I worry he won't ever be able to even be left alone never mind get a train to Edinburgh alone.

The doctor at Cameron spoke with mum yesterday and he was pretty bleak - not anything we haven't heard before but nevertheless - it still sucks to hear it.

On a positive note, dad said Bye to me today, he gave me a hug and he smiled and laughed when he saw Mini - doing his usual WATC


Pug and I always write down some of the mad stuff the kids stay - we hope one day to incorporate them into a tattoo.
Archie's latest was 'she hit me on the head with a wooden fish' xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment