Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Saturday 26 May 2012

146-7 an afternoon kickaboot

Pug and I took the kids to visit dad this afternoon. We all went outside and played - the kids, mum and I played hide n seek, we all kicked the ball aboot, Archie and Sadie ran around in the bushes and Dad watched it all - smiling and belly laughing at the general summer madness.
 The kids wanted to climb trees so on the way back to the ward Pug found a  suitable tree,

When we got back into dads room, the kids did their usual and got into bed with him, lots of cuddles and cosying in with granda - I snuck a wee lay down with dad too.

Why after all this beautiful moments do I still leave with a heavy heart and tears streaming down my face? I swear my dad is happy, so what should it matter that he isn't himself anymore? The kids seem to have adapted pretty well - sadly I haven't. I still shake my head in disbelief regularly and I still hear my mums voice saying 'your dads had a stroke' more often than I care to mention.

As for sewing solace, I have created a new blouse this week
And a beautiful vintage bus journey frock - photos yet to come......tbh too afraid to photo it, I love it so much if I see a crappy photo it might put me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment