Our Alfie moto, Don't. cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Our Alfie moto, Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.Dr Seuss







Tuesday 29 May 2012

149-50 turning a corner...one of many I hope

I saw dad tonight and he seemed so much more like himself - He is engaging in conversation, I mean we don't know what he is saying but at least he is trying. He made a number of small words from scrabble tiles - corresponding with pictures and he got them correct. So small steps, but really the main thing is it seems that 'dad' is returning. He was so sweet tonight saying by to mum smiling and giving her a kiss, generally being goofy.

So great, it has been a tough week or so as progress has been very slow - On sunday I called my dads iphone as mum is using it, it went to answer machine and I heard his voice say 'alan'.....such a shock and such mixed emotions, my mum never said if she heard it or not. I really hope one day I will hear him say it again. I do know now however, that if i never hear him again is irrelevant, so long as he knows and understands us and us him it'll all be OK........

I have an interview in work on Friday to discuss my absence and what they can do to improve it, I know it is procedure and policy, but how can a meeting solve it? Surely it simply adds to the stress of an already almighty stressful situation.....I will remain open minded however and take it on the chin, nothing can compare to the shock and pain of watching my family crumble (melodrama is my middle name)
xxxxxx

beautiful peony rose, I took one for Kirsty and Ants and one for dad - one of my faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment